Thursday 11 August 2016

Thoughts on Suicide Squad

I'm not really a big superhero fan and by that I mean I've seen one of the Spiderman movies. That's it. So at first when I heard about the new DC movie I can't say I was ecstatic. Then I watched the trailer and I have to say I was pretty impressed. I was really excited for this movie to come out. Then when I heard that Twenty One Pilot's song Heathens was in it and shortly after Panic's cover of Bohemian Rhapsody was said to also be in it you could of sworn I was the biggest DC fan to walk the earth.

I went to see the movie last night and all the disapproval really had me expecting a terrible movie. I honestly have to say I wasn't absolutely gutted with the movie.

You could tell the amount of editing in the movie and I was disappointed with the small appearance of the Joker considering he played a big part of the advertisements. I also feel like the Harley/Joker back story could have been better explained as I'm sure it would be confusing for people who haven't read the comics or played games such as Arkham Asylum.

The soundtrack was good and it was nice to hear some artists you don't usually hear in movies.
The actors portrayed their characters well and I'd say that's down to David Ayer's tricks in getting the squad to be close together and making Cara Delevingne walk through the forest naked to be in touch with Enchantress.

As someone who hasn't read the comics and was expecting an absolutely terrible movie I was pretty happy with it.

I'd give the movie a 7/10 as it was funny and I enjoyed watching it. Yes it could of been better but reviewing what we got from the movie I wasn't completely unsatisfied.

That's all for today,
Love Girl with a Blog xx

No comments:

Post a Comment